Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 167: thick

“aubs!” Kris woke me from my day dream. Apparently I had been staring into my palms for the last 10 minutes. To me, silence is the closest way to taking back something you’ve already said. I know that sounds stupid but really there was nothing more to say. I looked up into Kris’ eyes and saw something I’d never seen before. A single tear fell from her eye and in that moment it felt as if we had locked into each others souls, that there was nothing left that either of us could say, everything that ever needed to be said had just been said, it was done.

I was still locked into that moment when I realized that kris’ had moved. She learned her torso over the center consol of her car as if to give me one of those awkward goodbye hugs but instead she placed her right hand on my cheek and neck. I froze, I didn’t know what to say or what to do so I just stayed there petrified. She leaned in closer to me, I could feel her breathe upon my lips, I knew she was waiting for me to close the distance between our bodies but I couldn’t move. And before I could pull away or push on our lips were locked. Her hand rested on the back of my neck, what usually felt controlling and conforming felt comforting and sexy. And then as quickly as it began it was over. I don’t remember exiting the car or even walking from the garage to my front door and yet I was sitting on the foot of my bed, kris’s car was gone and I was more confused than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment