Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 925: response

her body
an explosion
contained
in the cracks of my palms
a smile slivering across my cheeks

her back pressed tight against my chest
no room for leftover gravity between us
everything about these bodies
magnets crashing into each other
into stone
into home

these are the moments that come to mind
when my spine seems to sever itself into a tremor
where there is a quake at the base of my faith
when i feel the days multiplying into infinity and i feel myself spiraling
falling into the cracks
when i wonder
what part of her life i am holding her back from with the carisma of my smile
what doors she may never turn
never find open
because she is too lost behind the gate of my gaze

all i want is to be whats best
to hold her into ever morning
and i wish
i could do that all
without making her wait
without making her worry
without making her think that she has to hold every pebble of my insecurity together
turn me into the boulder im meant to be
want to be for her

there will be a morning where i learn how to hold her earthquake heartbeat stutter still
this evening is one of those
when i find myself practicing
crying
trying to get it right
because there is no other way

1 comment:

  1. "her back pressed tight against my chest
    no room for leftover gravity between us
    everything about these bodies
    magnets crashing into each other"

    "there will be a morning where i learn how to hold her earthquake heartbeat stutter still
    this evening is one of those
    when i find myself practicing"

    Beautiful lines!

    ReplyDelete