Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 14: #2

I’ve always been number two

Like that regretted tattoo

Stuck at your hip

You cant lose me and I have no say in the matter either

So what are you goona do?

Neither of this wanted this

And regret is too beautiful to be disgarded

Ill just stand there

Follow you around through heart break

But I don’t know if I can do this much longer but ill still stay there

Bite down

On pelvis

Don’t let go

We don’t have to go

We don’t have to be anything but friends

Just hold me sometimes

Take my hand when you can

Will it be okay in the morning?

Will I still remember the tears that fell last night?

Will I shrink in its sadness

Will you be there to catch me half broken and heavy?

And I don’t know if that’s enough this time

Don’t mention time

Just hold me

Tell me im not broken

Lie if you have to

Just convince me that tomorrow doesn’t just mean another handful of tears

That life is more than seeing beauty and being broken by it

Lie

Tell me that you love me and ill be just fine


1 comment:

  1. "That life is more than seeing beauty and being broken by it
    Lie
    Tell me that you love me and ill be just fine"

    That was a sad and beautiful line.

    ReplyDelete