Wednesday, August 26, 2009

DAY 37:LEAVING BOGOTA IN 3 HOURS AND IM STILL DRUNK

no one ever wnats to be THAT girl
that one drunk of her own regrets singing songs like pastimes to slured crowed of friends.
last night i danced the streets of taxi cabs and 18 legal drinking ages
picked pokets of vodka and beer
spilt wine on my pride multiple times
i was THAT girl
surrounded by women too beautiful to be friends
trading advice and stories like elementary boyfriends
spoke of u-hauls and mistakes
and how to break hearts gently
but i ws THAT girl
and it fucking rocked!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamaica,
    I had a chace to see your performance at the Calvary Church in Hawaii this month. It moved me profoundly.
    I study Asian American Literature in Japan.
    I am much interested in you. I have got some of your performance from Youtube. But I cannot get lyrics of your poem.
    I am very sorry I cannot catch all your words from the video.
    I would like to get three poems (in written words), Kumulipo which I saw at the church, 1893 and Kaona.
    I am going to study them and introduce your performance and poems in Japan.
    Will you tell me how to get them?

    Michiko Fukai
    (Kobe Women's University in Japan)

    ReplyDelete