Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 692: Remembering you

you are a woman
i will never claim to forget
not even for a second
but some days
your memory goes dormant
and in the moment that you shoot forward
to the tips of my skin
every parts of me is sent to 97
and the promises we made to each other then
me
not knowing how real dying can be so serious
that promises
dont hold us into the morning
we dont hold
into the morning
we dont hold
anything
anymore
we just wait
for the flashes of memory
for the moments
when you are strongest
in my mind
when you are gripping something inside of me
too tight for me to think of anything else
i am a slave to the sound of your voice
in the middle of the night
and the memories
of promises
you forgot to tell me
we couldn't expect to keep

No comments:

Post a Comment