Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 505: To the little blond haired boy riding the escalator for the first time…

You are the smile of every sunrise I haven’t seen yet
All the ones im still waiting for
As patiently as possible
Every reminder that although the thought of labor and hospitals makes me want to cry and scream simultaneously
That theres still nothing else in this world I want more than children
You terrify me

You fathers joy
Is the look I remember every morning from a 5’10 brown man
The look that told me I was beautiful before I could feel it myself
You are proof of humanity
Beauty
That theres something more to be living for
Something to look forward to
With more than just fear
You make me want to leave this long beach plane behind
Find one crossing the pacific
Board and never leave home again

No comments:

Post a Comment