Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How i love salt

Emerging from earth
Just after the landscape's skin has cracked and dried over
she never leaves
I have found her stubborn saliva dried over in the curves of earths body

But i think you might be ocean
A sister to the steady stay of salt
the one who eroded her own roots to give herself room to move

You must be 
Everything I love of her
everything I fear
salted skin
Pressed close against mine
I will not forget the taste of you
Even long after you have left
my whole body falling in the drown of your departure

I have witnessed the millennia oceans spend split between shore lovers
Shared
A woman promised in two halves
And though I know my side of this current
The edges of you sprawling towards lands miles away from me
Will never be mine

Your tidal gravity has not changed
The pattern of you remains the same
Your body gives only one promise
that i will be incapable of holding you
you will always leave
pulling so viciously
my ankles are ripped from under me
only the scar of your erosion to stay

And I will be left with the inadequacy of human hands
With cracks I never noticed
They seem to be the size of valleys
As you fall through me



No comments:

Post a Comment