Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 646: to William carlos williams

A portrait of a lady

You hands are like scraps of diamonds
A treasure still to be found in the rough
But what could be rough here?
Not our lives
Nor your skin
Perfect blend of morning and skyline
You are a promise of a sunrise
A beautiful picture I’ve snapped and placed in my back pocket
When I think of you
I think of the sky folding itself into marble sized galaxies
Things I can carry with me
It seems silly
To you
Im sure
But these are the secrets I scream at you while you sleep
Do you ever hear me?
I wonder
Like wondering will take me anywhere near an answer
I mean,
What is an answer anyway
Why would I ask for one
There is something beautiful about this mystery
When I lay up late at night
Thinking to myself
Asking god
Do you think tomorrow,
She’ll stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment