Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 906: I may not let go

im trying to find you in the melody of unfamiliar songs
i play them
over and over
until the lines are stuck between my fingers like peanut butter
until i can taste a part of you under my tongue
ill take anything that brings you closer to me
that makes this distance less tangible

tonight
i am holding you to the tone of unfamiliar breathing
i can forgotten your rhythm
but im quickly remembering
the way your chest rises
and the way mine will fall under you

you are remembering to
i can taste it on your skin
you are letting the memories wash over you
trying not to think of the leaving you will have to do soon
just staying still
waiting for me to hold you
a way that begs to be remembered
holding me together
in the meantime

No comments:

Post a Comment