Friday, August 12, 2011

DAY 753: a walk to bring in the morning

the hum of the powerplant
is not something i remember from childhood
its sizzles above my head tonight
like its looking for a new catch
something to hold tight

i do however remember the size of the fence
how it was the only structure on Halloween we left untouched
tonight
i can hear the coper calling me from my block
i walk to meet its masterpiece
and find my hands tangled in the 10 foot high fence
looking through
wondering what a million volts does to heart that has already been restarted so many times it has it has forgotten how to scar
wonder if the energy would send me to fly
would show me something spectacular

there is a rhythm to this push and pull that resonates in my chest
reminds me to keep breathing
tomorrow i want to learn to be my own reminder
let pain run its course
but no longer be the reason i remember i am alive
there is so much more
worthy of my attention
so much more
has been waining
to be free

1 comment:

  1. Favorite lines:

    "wondering what a million volts does to heart that has already been restarted so many times it has it has forgotten how to scar
    wonder if the energy would send me to fly
    would show me something spectacular"

    "there is a rhythm to this push and pull that resonates in my chest
    reminds me to keep breathing
    tomorrow i want to learn to be my own reminder
    let pain run its course
    but no longer be the reason i remember i am alive"

    ReplyDelete