Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 40: speechless

i dont want to say i love you anymore
everything i love breaks
melts like butter
moves too quickly form my fingertips and leaves only stains behind
i do not want to say it
so i wont
i'll hold it in my bones like our blood holds oxygen
just to survive
i need to keep my love to myself
its been fleeting for so long
i need it to keep standing
i need you to keep standing
i need to keep standing
i do not want to give myself away anymore
not to late night drives
or college goodbyes
not to best friends
or girlfriends
i want to hold myself in this space behind my walls that i had forgotten i built before i met you
i do not want to say i love you anymore
so in my silence
sing yourself to sleep
my words will no longer have a frequency
i will not speak
i do not want to say i love you anymore
and im not sure if i can keep that between split lips
so from now on, ill just be speechless

No comments:

Post a Comment